About Blind Raccoon
BETSIE BROWN has over twenty-five years of experience in entertainment and music promotion, media relations & marketing communications, based in Memphis, San Diego, New York and London. Brown established Blind Raccoon in 2008, after a seven-year partnership in Crows Feet Productions. We provide radio promotion and publicity services, social media promotion and marketing consultation in the blues, roots, rock, R&B, soul, Americana and folk music genres.
Professional and community involvement:
- Recipient of the 2009 KBA Award “Publicist of the Year” bestowed by The Blues Foundation
- Member of the Board of the Memphis Chapter of the Recording Academy 2010-12 and 2007-9
- Former Board Member of the Memphis & Shelby County Music Commission
- Board Member (2007-10 & 2002-5) and Vice President (2005) of The Blues Foundation
- Corporate Member of The Blues Foundation
- Member of the Americana Music Association
- Member of the Folk Alliance
- 2004 and 2005 Chair of the International Blues Challenge, produced by The Blues Foundation
- Board Member and Communications Chairperson of the former Blues Music Association
ASHLEY CALDWELL is a senior Pre-Law student at the University of Memphis, concentrating in Political Science with a minor in French. She is also an Assistant Manager for Malco, Inc. Music is a great passion of hers, dabbling in singing, guitar, acting, painting, dance, and poetry. Caldwell works behind the scenes for several bands throughout the Memphis area helping them perfect new material or getting a new band prepped enough to play shows.
Named after Memphis Minnie, MS. MINNIE is an essential part of the team listening to ideas and providing input via purrs and meows, lowering blood pressure by allowing strokes, and always there in sickness and in health.
ROCKY is an invaluable member of the team as the symbol of our brand. Found in the attic in Memphis, Rocky never looked back.